So I am actually already a blogger. My old retired blog was called “The Heathen Mama” in which I shared recipes, activities, and parenting info from the modern Heathen perspective. I am sharing this recipe from my old blog since the winter is coming and it is a good time to have a warming and healthy drink. 🙂
Cold and Flu and Energy too! Recipe:
What you need:
- 3 cups of water
- As much fresh ginger as you prefer – If you have never used ginger much start small with a teaspoon and work your way up to more. Stronger is better!
- 3-4 Spoonfuls of honey or more to taste
- Half a fresh lemon or a table spoon of lemon juice
What to do:
- Finely chop or grate your ginger and place in a pot with 3 cups of water on oven. Bring to a slow boil. Turn it down and simmer for 1 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add honey and stir. Then add lemon.
- Pour into your favorite tea cup and enjoy the soothing benefits of natural cold relief!
- Some people recommend that you should not give honey to children under the age of one due to a rare form of botulism.
- If your Child is sensitive to spicy food you may want to leave out the ginger.